Re: Easy Language Math Precision

> Do we need to go out to the nth decimal place to decide what the price is?
Or is a good approximation (which is all that the price spotters can give us
anyway) good enough?  I say that it makes no sense to run calculations out
to the nth decimal place when the input data is +/- 0.1 points.

> Tell that to a trading institution on Wall Street and they'll laugh in
your
> face.

Ha!  It would not be the first time!  Nor will it be the last!
It changes nothing...  My point is the same, and I am correct.
It makes no sense to run calculations to the nth decimal place
when the input data is +/- 0.2 points.  Anyone doing so is
fooling themselves.

> :Second, extra precision is not needed for trading.  What's needed for
trading is not more precision, but less.  We need "fuzzy" approaches, not
precise ones.  Carrying calculations out to the nth decimal place in a fuzzy
environment is ridiculous.

> You've never worked for a trading house, have you?  When you're trading
> other people's money in the billions, try to take that arguement to
pension
> funds, insurance companies, etc. The trading houses have computers that
> received info in hundreth's of a second, makes its calculations and
execute
> their trades in microseconds. Try that arguement above at DE Shaw and
> they'll call security and have you house in a mental ward by the end of
the
> day.

I do not know anything of this.  But, again, it has no relevance to the
validity extra calculation precision.  Such precision is wasted time and
wasted computing power.