From: pierre.orphelin <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 1999 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: traderware X release date

-----Message d'origine-----
De : The Omega Man <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; pierre.orphelin
<pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>; Omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : samedi 19 juin 1999 22:54
Objet : Re: traderware X release date

>I would start getting nervous if I were you, Pierre.
>
>Not because VB is the perfect programming language for scientific
computing;
>not because wizards will eliminate the need for traders to solve complex
>problems;  not because VB is now a more widely used language than EL and
>Pascal combined.  No, not for any of these reasons.
>
>I would start getting nervous for one reason and one reason only:  because
>Mark Brown has stopped complaining and started producing.  The impotent
>complainer can be ignored.  The competitive producer cannot be.
>

>The Omega Man

Guess that he will continue to complain AND  produce ?

That's aside, I hate VB as a trading programming language.
I hate unnecessary complexity yielding to write 5 lines of code when I can
do the same with one EL line.

Rgds
-Pierre Orphelin
Représentant exclusif de Omega Research en France.
web: http://www.sirtrade.com