RE: Electronic Trading

At 09:40 PM 1999-06-11 +0800, Peter Ryan wrote:
>Its not much better in the pit for a small local.  Order filler to
>order filler/large local ad nauseam (even if I am first bid/offer at
>the price).  I wish I was 20 feet tall and had a megaphone.
>Its the best thing about electronic trading. If my lots are in first
>they stay first.  It doesnt matter how high the pile gets or how quiet
>my voice is.  And if I hit the bid or offer, I dont have to rush the
>other guy - I just have to press the mouse first.

That is likely to be a perculiarity to SIMEX. Pit ettiqutte sucks big
time according to a LIFFE now SIMEX local.
"They would last 5 minutes at LIFFE (without getting blackball)."
A featured aspect of a Chinese culture I suppose. I rub your back,
I demand you rub my back (and pop goes the pit ettiqutte).