Fw: 0611mj/ y2k - any word from omega??

Y2K marches on...

Below is a reply I received from Omega.  Any comments?

----- Original Message -----
From: TechSupp <TechSupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 1999 11:38
Subject: 0611mj/ y2k - any word from omega??

Greetings Customer,

The Company's newest versions of its products, TradeStation®
2000i,
OptionStationT 2000i, Omega Research ProSuiteT 2000i,
RadarScreenT 2000i and
SuperCharts® 2000i (please note that SuperCharts 2000i is
scheduled to be
released sometime later in 1999) are Year 2000 compliant.
This is the case
because both the Omega Research GlobalServerT on which such
applications
run, and the applications themselves, recognize and utilize
century mark or
3- or 4-digit, rather than 2-digit, dates.
The most recent prior shipping versions of the Company's
products,
TradeStation 4, OptionStation 1.2, TradeStation ProSuite 4
and SuperCharts 4
(which is the current shipping version until SuperCharts
2000i is released)
all utilize Julian dating, in which each day is identified
sequentially, as
opposed to being identified as a 2-digit date for a
particular year. The use
of Julian dating, accordingly, does not raise any Year 2000
issues. However,
these versions do permit users to enter dates using the
2-digit year format.
Therefore, 2-digit years, such as 01 and 02, that are input
are currently
read by those programs as 1901 and 1902, even though 2001
and 2002 is what
is likely intended. Further, futures contracts with
expiration dates beyond
December 31, 1999 are not currently identified as post Year
2000 dates by
those programs. The Company expects to offer, on or before
June 30, 1999, to
all registered customers in good-payment standing of those
versions, an
appropriate solution to such Year 2000 issues. It is
possible that such
solution may eliminate a user's ability to analyze data
prior to 1920. For a
"work-around" solution that may be used until such solution
is delivered,
please visit the Support-Bulletins Section of the Company's
web site and
read the recommendation of Omega Research's customer support
manager.
The Company intends to use commercially reasonable efforts
to complete its
Year 2000 solution for TradeStation 4, OptionStation 1.2,
TradeStation
ProSuite 4 and SuperCharts 4 by no later than June 30, 1999.
However, there
can be no assurance that unanticipated difficulties will not
delay the
Company's Year 2000 efforts, or that modifications made will
not adversely
affect existing functionality of those products in ways not
currently
anticipated by the Company. There will be no Year 2000
modifications or
solutions for any versions of the Company's products
introduced prior to
those versions specifically mentioned above, or for any
other products not
specifically named above, or any discontinued products, such
as Wall Street
Analyst and System Writer.
Thank you for your continued support.
If you have any further questions please feel free to
contact us.
Mark J.
Omega Research, Inc.
Customer Support