TRIN values

Thanks to all who responded to my request yesterday for levels of TRIN.

At 10 ET yesterday Comstock and Quote.com had TRIN around 108/109 whilst the
rest (FS, DTN, Signal, BMI) had values around 89.   Given that the market
was down so heavily at the time the difference was quite significant for
short term SP traders such as myself.   The seemingly low TRIN reading lead
me to hesitate in going short on the first major pullback which under any
other circumstance was about as much of a no-brainer as you can get.

FS had been having delays in their TICK feed and I was trying to ascertain
if the same applied to TRIN.   As it turned out the difference was not one
of time delay as it remained with a 10/20 point differential until at least
midday.

Having said that I am still not sure why there is a difference and which is
the right number.   I had assumed that the number was taken direct from the
NYSE but that may not be so.  Is it calculated individually by each data
vendor?

If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.  It is a valuable
indicator but worse than useless if wrong.

regards

Philip Nixon