Re: Continuous contract

In a message dated 6/10/99 11:04:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Jim wrote:

 > Why would anyone want to construct a perpetual contract? The real
 > world isn't like nor is there anything like a perpetual contract
 > (except, of course, a chart, of say, the S&P cash or the Dow 30).
 >  >>

Tim,

My interpretation of Jim's question was that it relates to understanding the
difference between Perpetual contracts and Continuos contracts.  Your
response, which was a good one, would apply to either.

If it was not Jim's question, I will make it mine.  What is the advantage of
using perpetual contracts (linking contracts on an annual basis) instead of
the more obvious continuous format using nearest contracts?

Chuck