Re: Artwork & stock

The relationship between the prices of fine art and stocks is significant IMO
(although I've never quantified it).  If you want to see the correlation - read
the major auction results in the New York Times over a few market cycles (I
think you can also get the results these days on the Sotheby's and Christie's
web sites).  Also - Barron's publishes little charts/articles about the
correlation from time to time.  Robyn

P.S.  If you are within several hundred miles of New York during 1999 - visit
the show at the Whitney - a history of the United States in the 20th century
through its art.  Best exhibit I've seen in a very long time.