Portfolio Tracking in Excel

Is there anyone out there who uses Excel97 for tracking their portfolios?
Is there anyone who has designed custom templates for this purpose?  I need
something that handles futures and that can match individual transactions
according to LIFO or FIFO.  I have designed a spreadsheet myself for this
purpose but it is mainly for tax reporting.  How to record individual
transactions and match them according to LIFO or FIFO has me stumped.

Best regards,

Mark.