sp rollover/offsetting question

Good morning,
let's say I'm long 5 eminis and I'd like to roll them over or at least
offset them. Attempting to save on commissions, wouldn't it work just to
keep the long eminis, sell 1 regular sp and let the whole thing expire.
This way I'd pay only 1/2 round trip additional instead of 5. Would my
broker have a heart attack? and would they determine margin requirements as
if I had 6 contracts total??? What other problems could this create?

Thanks,
Phil