Re: Trend vs. Chop

> How would I go about calculating the exact trending and
> chopping range for each market (or just one market)? How do
> you define a trending or chopping range?

  I would think this would depend on each traders definition of what is a
trend to him/her, and also slightly specifically to the time-frame him/her
was trading in.

> What do you base the odds of using a trending method vs. a
> chop method upon? Is this risk of ruin? What are the inputs
> needed to calculate this and what is the formula for
> calculating it?

  I would  base my returns against the S&P's buy and hold returns.  If it
was less then buy and hold, why the hell am i trading would be my thinking.
If i did better, then that affirms that my trading is worthwhile.