Re: alternatives to omega

Dick Webb related:

>Recently a friend of mine allowed me to examine the
>emails on the wave wise list. Low and behold they were
>nothing like this they were just a bunch of traders
>sharing code and soloutions to challenges. Has anyone
>on this list used that product or how about metastock
>as an alternative to the problematic omega products?
>
>How does your experience compare?

I've used Metastock, though not the most recent release.
Not bad at all, though it lacks some facilities the Omega
products offer.  Last I knew, for example, you couldn't open
two data files.  What I usually found was that I wanted to
write a system (I use them only to test ideas for future
discretionary use) that required two different features, one
of which was available in EasyLanguage, the other of
which Metastock provided, and neither of which could be
easily simulated in the other product.  On balance, pretty
much a draw.

For whatever it's worth, a neighbor who's been earning
his living at this for something like 17 years just switched
from SuperCharts realtime to Metastock, I believe because
he found it easier to pull data into Metastock from his
shiny, new T1 line.

But let's get to the good stuff.  A mailing list where they care
more about trading than about BS and backbiting?  How can
I sign up?  (Please don't tell any of the obvious losers.  We
don't want them messing up that list they way they do this one.)

Owen Davies