Off Topic (tangential): The Resignation of Robert Rubin or why the party on Wall Street appears to be ending...

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Off Topic (tangential): The Resignation of Robert Rubin or why the party on Wall Street appears to be ending...
  • From: Charles Wright <redeemed10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 20:30:45 -0400 (EDT)

At least, the Guest of Honor has left.

Why did Robert Rubin(CFR) leave just now?  Why was he nearly worshipped
publicly by members of both political parties?

Why, just before a Fed meeting?  And why, just after the long awaited
spike in the CPI finally showed up?

Why, too, is a 197 point drop in the Dow now a "Plunge," whereas a few
months ago it was not quite so dramatic?  Why is a 59 point down day
now referred to as "stiff selling?"

Why is public opinion being shaped to believe that the market is
panicking, that inflation is soaring, and the that the man who used to
be known as the Secretary of the Treasury is not only the ultimate
benefactor of western civilization, who singlehandedly gave us 7 years
of uninterrupted and unrivaled prosperity, but is the only man in
existence capable of doing so?

Is it so that the Fed can uptick interest rates now, try to force a
selloff, and create the environment needed to bring about more of those
much needed "government controls" in the financial markets and,
ergo, our everyday lives?

Perhaps not a panic.  Perhaps a more orderly redistribution of wealth
is the idea.  I'd love to see who owns the put options these days.

Rubin's reputation is being protected, for sure. Perhaps he will be
drafted as a financial saviour after the long awaited, long needed,
bursting of the bubble (that will hurt so many).  Maybe he's being
groomed for the White House.

Hey, you might remember me saying, I don't believe anything happens by
accident.  Not in politics, anyway. And if it does, it's seized for a
purpose immediately.

Long story short:  charts don't look like a top, short term (but long
term, we're way way overdue); yet it smells like a major reshuffling of
the world order is (as ususal) in the works, politically, finacially,
idealogically.  And it looks Mr. and Mrs. Ordinary Joe America are in
for some adjustments.

Couple that with all the saber rattling, all the propaganda about how
militarily weak we are...it almost seems as though someone's out to
wreck this country.

Just a hunch.

It'd be funny if the FACTS WEREN'T SO SCARY.

>>>^>

Note:  should've been posted 5/17, but wasn't due to technical difficulties.