TS2k SP2/NT4/DTN

Fortunately I have a good experience with Ts2k to report.

Recd Ts2k SP2 last week and installed over Ts2k SP1 (Build 512)running on
Win98.  Total disaster.  Nothing worked, all data lost.  Formatted hard
drive and reinstalled Win98 then installed SP2 only.  Worked OK but I got a
few spontaneous crashes which took GS out while collecting RT data.  Also my
quotes were a little behind my broker.

Upgraded computer (Dell 450 PII, 256mb ram) to NT4 SP4 over this past
weekend. This was a clean install on a formatted hard disk.  Installed all
perpherials and got internet and network connections working.  Install
included TurboComm 16750 UART serial port.  Then installed Ts2k SP2 with no
probs.  Ts2k recognized the fast serial card and initialized it at 460800
bps.  Then imported stock and index data from HistoryBank CD, no probs.
Took about 1 hour to bring in 9000 symbols.  Then downloaded the gap from
4/30/99 to 5/28/99 from Omga FTP site.  Took another hour for the 9k
symbols, no probs.

Then I connected to the DTN box Mon night at 460kbps and quotes began to
come in immediately.  Today GS and Charting and Quote Monitor work fine.  No
crashes yet and this is definitely a record.  Every prior install of Ts2k on
Win98 crashed repeatedly for the first day or so.  Most importantly my
quotes are now ahead of my broker by a few seconds.  Also NT performance
monitor shows only an average of 20% CPU usage running Ts2k and playing
Dixie Chicks CD, Wide Open Spaces.  D Chicks helps me feel good when I'm
getting hosed by mkt, like I am right now. :-).

In short, as others have already reported, get on NT with SP2. It may not be
perfect and I haven;t had time to check everything but it sure works better
so far. I also highly recommend DTN satellite.  Its the only datafeed I have
used that works right. (Signal, BMI & Comstock satellite all gave me massive
grief with TS4)

Bill