Re: Adding new symbols question

At 15:54 17/05/99 -0400, you wrote:
>In TS 4.0,
>
>It's been a while since I've used it and want to get my portfolio up to
>date.  So, I was wondering 3 things:
>
>1. What's the easiest way to find new stocks in the market since
>3/1/98?
>
>2. What's the easiest way to find stock symbol changes?
>
>3. What's the easiest way to incorporate these into my data
>downloader and server?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Cash

You should download the latest symbol universe from Omega's web site.  It
has all up-to-date stock symbols including new issues and symbol changes
through Nov (or Dec?) 1998.  This will take care of the server.  For the
downloader, get a copy of the latest Omega historical CD (1st Qtr 99) since
it will have all the latest symbols in it, which you can transfer over to
your downloader for collection.

For any symbols that you subsequently realise are in the downloader but NOT
in the server symbol universe (as mentioned, the latest server universe is 6
months old), you will have to add such symbols manually.  Get the ticker
symbol from the Downloader and look it up on any financial web site e.g.
www.nasdaq.com for the stock's details, then add it to the Omega server.

Rgds
Simon.