Re: S & P Depository Receipts

Trades on the Amex, like a stock, only in 64ths.  No uptick rule to
short.  You get the dividends.  Seems to trade between the cash and the
futures.  2500 shares equals ~ 1 S&P contract.  As far as I can tell, it
is an ideal proxy for the futures, or an alternative to an index fund,
and should have much lower operating expenses.  Bid and offer ordinarily
99,900 shares, so liquidity ought to be sufficient, although sometimes
the spread is a problem.

It's just as hard to make money on this as it is on the future!

Jim Allen