Re: DCB FM receivers...

In a message dated 5/15/99 3:28:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
traderguy@xxxxxxx writes:

<< On Fri, 14 May 1999 14:26:55 EDT, you wrote:
 >Is it true that there is a crack for the FM Signal receivers?

 Newbie???  Please don't be ashamed, we all were at one point in
 time... even our friend, MB!   With a question like that, in this
 forum... it is blatantly obvious!!

 True, I've heard of such items.... even know a few people that claim
 to possess such items!!

 BUT, think about it now!!
 1)  If you pursue this, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!!
 2)  DBC FM.... what is that, 'Signal or BMI"??  Ohhhh boy!!
 3)  If it's BMI.... they are eliminating the service... Signal, I'm
 not too sure about?  Not much better though....
 4)  If you would even consider FM as your data feed, I can tell right
 now... YOU ARE STUPID!!

 I don't say that to upset or offend you, I only say it to warn you!!
 Think about this...  If the FM is even as little as a minute behind,
 as I have heard that they are.... some claim that they are even
 further!

 Then YOU will be getting in on the end of all the moves.... the price
 you would pay in slippage alone, forgetting all the losers you will
 have accumulated because of this idea..... BUT, just considering the
 slippage alone, will have paid for a satellite service many times
 over... each and every month, even if you only do just a few trades!!

 NOW, don't get me wrong here..... I'm NOT trying to discourage you
 from trying to cheat DBC out of a few bucks (quite frankly, I think
 they're SCUMB!... but that's another issue), but be well advised....
 YOU WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN!!

 Trust me, if you're at the bottom..... there's NO-ONE for you to feed
 on!!  (except, maybe other newbies?)

 So, to make a long story... short, let's just cut to the chase!!  Pick
 a name from this list, any name.... It doesn't matter, and just MAIL
 THEM YOUR MONEY!!    It will be quicker, easier, less painful, and
 probably cheaper in the long run!!

 Enough said.....

 JMB
 TraderGuy@xxxxxxx

I tried to ignore you, but I just couldn't let the condescending crap you
sent me and then felt compelled to cc the omega list to slide.  I am not even
close to a "newbie" and take money from idiots like you on a daily basis (if
you even trade.)  I trade a proprietary book for one of the better
institutions on the street, and was looking for the FM receiver as a fourth
data feed to jam into some options software to calculate my greeks, as I like
to sell vol against my spus.  I have a t1 into an ILX machine, 2 cable feed
into 2 TS's, and wires directly into 2 of the best S&P brokers in the biz, so
speed of quotes is not a concern.  I have more computers and feeds than most
of the guys in my office, so I don't want to hear my bosses shit when I ask
for another one (plus this would purely be a luxury so it is not so
important.)

Sorry to take a pissing match public, but I have very little tolerance for
stupidity...

-Seth