RE: ASCTrend nothing but a fast stoch

>From: "Doug Forman" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "Lutz Mehlhorn" <lutz.mehlhorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>,        "Omega"
><omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: ASCTrend
>Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 11:50:25 -0700
>
>I've been using ASCTrend since it was first released several years ago.
>
>It has proven to be an excellent confirming indicator when used with my
>other trading signals.  The early version that I use provides two
>independent trending measurements, as well as coloring the price bars for
>up/down/no trend.
>
>As a position trader, the way I use ASCTrend is by creating a workspace for
>each of the 16+ futures contracts which I trade.  In each workspace I have
>6
>charts...  from  left-to-right, top-to-bottom:
>
>Weekly ASCTrend2      Daily ASCTrend2       Hourly ASCTrend2
>Weekly ASCTrend3      Daily ASCTrend3       Hourly ASCTrend3
>
>(ASCTrend 2 is more conservative than ASCTrend 3, and they provide
>independent trend indications).
>
>By glancing at this screen, I can get a terrific dynamic "trend reading"
>for
>each contract, which I use primarily for determining exits.
>
>While I have some personal disagreement with ASCTrend's current pricing and
>licensing policies, and have personally chosen NOT to upgrade from version
>1.0x (the current version is 3.x), I do think it is an excellent trading
>tool, and I use it every day.
>
>(I should note that I use CQG for my primary data feed/charting/trading)
>
>Doug

THE BAR GREEN WHEN STOCH CROSSES ABOVE 70 AND PAINTS THE BAR RED
WHEN IT CROSSES BELOW 30. THESE LEVELS ARE ADJUSTABLE BY SENSITIVITY
SETTINGS FROM USER. ALSO, ASC'S STOPS ARE AGAIN NOTHING MORE THAN
CHUCK LEBEAU'S YO YO EXIT. ASC IS GREATLY OVERPRICED, AND HAS MADE
IT'S PROMOTER MORE MONEY RISK FREE, THAN HE COULD HAVE EVER MADE
IF IT ALL POSSIBLE USING THE DUMB INDICATOR IN THE MARKET. ASC
SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRICED AT $25, AS ONE OF BRUCE BABCOCK'S SYSTEM'S.