Re: Re:Purely mechanical

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Lane
Subject: Re:Purely mechanical

>Trying to obtain diversification by trading markets (or systems)
>where things don't work so well seems like the wrong way to go.

As long as you in advance which markets aren't going to work well :~).

What's interesting to me about the responses to this topic is that Phil
Lane's system made 254 trades over 14+ yrs. or about 2 every 3 months.  Mark
Johnson, who also responded to this topic, reports about 100 trades over 2
calendar years.  That's about one per week on average and he's trading >20
markets.  (I just hope that when I get the material, I find out what the
"80" and "2" refer to - the curiosity is killing me :~))

Is there anyone using a purely mechanical system to daytrade, or are
mechanical systems more suited to the long term?

~Alan