Re: Virus-A Bug's Life!

-----Original Message-----
From: wong
Subject: Virus-A Bug's Life!

> Your hard drive will crash  <snip>
> This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft.

It seems like I get one of these every couple of days from somewhere.  The
part that makes me suspicious is the "announced yesterday from Microsoft".
Where's the link?  this is the 'net, isn't it?  More information than you
can handle, right?  Then suddenly it's "take my word for it - Microsoft said
so".  Whenever I see that, my first thought is hoax.  I did a search and it
did come up under hoax.  It is an updated version of the budweiser frog
hoax.  Check it out:

http://www.sophos.co.uk/virusinfo/scares/

http://www.sophos.co.uk/virusinfo/scares/budweiserfrogs.html

Next time you get one of these, you might want to find out if it is a hoax
before you send out several hundred emails.

~Alan