getting respect off the floor?

someone wrote me asking how does a small trader become significant enough to
get  good fills and pay for expensive institutional data feeds.

this is a dilemma, how does a little guy overcome all the injustices to
become a big guy?  it is not easy and it keeps most little guys, little
forever.  I personally came from a background of working for a huge trader.
and I threw his weight around when I started, then I had to deliver on what
I promised I could do.  which was make money for clients, now they know who
I am and I have some (not much) weight.  but I know how the game is played
and I know what I have to do to get there.

many people say if you can make money then why not just make it for yourself
and forget having clients.  well in good but I need volume (large numbers of
contracts) to get good fills. no one will ever take care of the one lot
trader, or for that fact the internet trader.  I have no clue how to get
from one place to the other, it just came for me.  I just wanted everyone to
know that there are some dirty little secrets in this business, and one of
the biggest one is that a broker is your friend.  stop trading or get sick
and see how often the broker calls.  mb

ps on the cta thing, I believe that anyone who is giving any type of trading
advice and receiving "ANY" type of compensation should be a CTA.  the
securities industry will follow soon and that is good.  a person that has
nothing to hide will welcome regulation, because it separates the scammers
from the real deal.  money talks and track records talk, all else is smoke
and mirrors.  never met a paper trader who lost any money.