too much typing! was Re: CL_Re: History-CFTC Case Update

At 02:51 PM 5/11/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi Phil,
>It's for compensation or profit. Does that make a difference? Should a
>small-time newsletter writer be required to register because he wants to say
>something about corn?

well... I'd hope he could pass the Series 3.. not that that would really
help anything! I just hate to see people paying for an opinion or a $3000
system which may not be worth diddle, and then losing a ton of money to
boot. There's a lot of parasites out there. Personally I've been aware of
the problem ever since I lost a lot of money to a cold-calling maggot stock
salesman back in 1984. Who needs it!!

>I am all for protection for the public. Registration of publishers doesn't
>protect the public. If anything, in my opinion, it implies (although we all
>know that it is not supposed to imply anything) an "approval" by a
>governmental agency.

Yup, it does very little when you get down to it. It could certainly give a
false credibility. You make some good points. Then there's the world of
stocks. Who's going to straighten that mess out?? I wish I had a better
idea. Maybe "buyer beware" is the best idea. Let the suckers lose. In the
end that's just more money for the winners to take. Sad but true!

keep up the good work,
phil