Re: Re[2]: CFTC Case Update

-----Original Message-----
From: Sentinel Trading

>What ever happened to buyer beware. Or do we all need uncle Sam to be or
>shepherd.

I understand what you are saying.  Who wants excessive gov't regulation?
Not me.  I was thinking about the pharmaceutical industryas an example.  It
has only been the last few years that they were obligated to provide the
downside to their drugs in any advertisements.  The side effects had to be
disclosed and it isn't some generic "taking drugs may be harmful to you"
kind of disclaimer.  It is specific.

Regulation that prevents half truths, deception and outright lies by vendors
that look to profit from those claims doesn't seem to me to be excessive or
harmful or even an interference with freedom of speech.  The futures
industry, the equities industry, and every other industry should be held to
the same standard.

~Alan