News: the "Broad Tape"

Folks:

I'm currently using news from Signal (to help trade Nasdaq stocks), which is
pretty pathetic.  Just some headlines for a lot of money.

I have the impression that other traders have access to news I can't see, but
Signal claims that they are giving me all the headlines from the "Broad
Tape".
OTOH, they don't seem to eager to define the "Broad Tape".

Can someone please give me an overview of what news is available to traders?
Of course, I understand that there are competing independent news services,
but
how do most traders assure themselves that they're seeing pretty much
everything that's relevant to a particular stock they've got a position in.

And what the heck is the "Broad Tape"?

A suggestion for a better (internet-based) news service would also be
welcomed.

Thanks.

    Paul