Omega Y2K (wasRe: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income)

  • To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Omega Y2K (wasRe: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income)
  • From: "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:38:15 -0400 (EDT)

It seems to me that the Y2K suit against Symantec was settled in favor of
no-charge fixes. I'll bet the Cruz brothers have been major supporters of
the lobbying efforts behind the limit the Y2K lawsuits legislation, which in
my opinion, is little more than an effort to void responsibility of the
software and hardware industry for what they have wrought. There might, just
might, be some merit in providing a pass on software released prior to
1/1/1990 when the PC software industry was for the most part a collection of
very small entrepreneurs and 1/1/2000 was a decade away. Certainly no pass
for software released during this decade!

Any bets on whether the promised Omega Y2K patches will be released if this
legislation passes? Aside from that, I'll repeat what I said well over a
year ago when Omega first promised v5 in spring of 1998 with Y2K patch to
follow: given Omega's track record in Quality Control, I certainly would not
want to bet my livelihood on the promised Omega Y2K patch not mucking up my
system!!!!! So all of you out there looking askance at the PS2000i problems
and figuring you'll just wait for the Y2K patch, you may just want to THINK!
AGAIN!

Earl