Re: Family Trading

Don C wrote:

> What are the rules on trading other people's accounts?
> (With their permission, of course.)
> Does one need to be registered or something?
>
> donc

According to the NFA & CFTC you can trade up to a max. of 15 accounts,
any amount of money, without being registered.  This is per their own
documentation, but I know those that have done trading for others (not
even the total of 15 accounts) and the NFA went after them.  I don't
know what the breakeven on such a thing is.  I traded for 5 accounts
when I was trading through REFCO (they got me the accounts) without
being licensed.  I think the big thing is that you can't hold yourself
out as being a financial advisor.

Lamont Cranston
	"who know what evil lurks"