Help Needed, Tick Volume

I posted on this list  Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:07:37 that intraday up and
down volumes in TS2000 are not correct as they were in TS 4.

I can not use the up/down volume that is tabulated this way. Can any
you? If any of you would like to see the up/down volume handled as in TS
4 where volumes at the same lower price were down volumes, not up
volumes, please email, fax, or called omega asking this to be changed
back to TS4 mode. I was told there is a wishlist at their web site where
you can make such a request. I could not find any such wishlist on the
web site. I think that may tell you something. So I called them for the
address.

The email address for the wishlist is:  TradeStation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX:  305 485-7499 (tech support)
Phone: 305-551-9964 (tech support)

>Here is a major change from TS 4. There is no 1 tick up or down
>volume. Well, that is not quite true. In the data window the up and down
>volume columns read the same values. The values are half the actual up
>or down volume but with no indication if it is up or down.
>
>A 2 or 5 tick or 5 minute chart shows different up or down volumes but
>most of these are not true values. Here is why. Lets look at a 2 tick
>chart and start with an up tick volume. It always reads in the up tick
>column. Say the next three are down ticks each at the same lower price.
>The first one reads in the down tick column BUT THE NEXT TWO READ IN THE
>UP TICK COLUMN!!! After the first down tick any down ticks immediately
>following at the same price will have the volumes put in the up column.
>Only if the price is lower from the immediately previous down tick will
>the volume stay in the down tick column. This biases the tick volume
>strongly to the upside and makes it worthless using tick volumes in
>indicators. Plot up and down volume on a 5 minute chart and see how much
>more the average up volume there is compared to the down volume.Omega says
>this was done on purpose.

Wayne Mathews
Berkeley, CA