Re: Constructing tick/time bars in ASCII files

> This shouldn't be this hard.  The data I'm generating looks
> virtually identical to 10min data exported by TS!

Part of the mystery is solved!

Massimo Ciarafoni said "Gee, I have no trouble charting the small
piece you posted" -- and guess what, neither did I!  (Duh.  Guess I
should have tried that before... :-)  This gave me the clue that the
problem was later in the file, not in the time/date/etc format that I
was using.  I finally narrowed it down to an error in my tick-
compressor script that generated several consecutive bars WITH THE
SAME TIME.

Why TS handled this minor data error in this extremely bizarre manner
is a mystery to me, but at least now it's working.  This even solved
the "no bar at 9:40" problem!?

Grazie molto, Massimo!

Now if someone could just explain how to chart data from an N-tick-
per-line ASCII file, I'd be all set....

Gary