Re: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income

The list just MIGHT be interested in an article in the current April 29/
May 3 issue of The New Yorker magazine.  The article is
"Black Box: pg 114 ff.  It is about two chaps who constructed
a predictive market modeling system, based on turbulent fluid
dynamics.  Sharp guys, these are, being the ones who
beat the roulette wheel in Vegas using computers built into their
shoes!  Fun read, so far.

What blew me away is that just yesterday, before reading the article,
I spent the day reading patents related to turbulent fluid dynamics  ...
as I have a couple of patents for toxic gas mitigation that rely on
fluid (gas) tubulence for mixing and dilution.  I had not previously
tied the market model I developed to the fluid models I've been working
with for the past 15 years!

What this means to ME (and maybe not to you ...) is that there IS, indeed,
a fundamental physics to the market that can be addressed in more than
one way.  My system uses absolutely  nothing from fluid dynamics, yet
it seems to work as well or better than the market model that does
(if not a Red Herring).

This article is the precursor to a book.

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxxx