Re: LCD monitors

Funny you should ask.  I recently bought a Philips 151AX on Ebay (OK, a
couple bad pixels).
It is 15.1", 1024x768.  It is great.  LCD's don't seem to be quite as
sharp as a high-quality tube, but I really like not having the
reflection.  And the 15" tube on the other end of the desk now looks the
size of a VW bug. So I'd love to get another LCD.  Soon as I get some
excess profits :-(

One surpising thing about the Philips is that it displays correctly in
any resolution.  Most LCDs don't.  The 800X600 mode is usually distorted
by combining pixels.  I don't know how the Philips does it, but it does
it very well.  Some others do also.  Be sure and check this before you
buy.  The Philips can be had mail order for as low as $825. Check the
Net.  The 151AX also has builtin speakers, and a space in the base for a
USB hub.

don