Re: Server Crash & TS 4.0 Daily Refresh Data Download Automation

  • To: omegalist <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Server Crash & TS 4.0 Daily Refresh Data Download Automation
  • From: Alan Mi <ami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:08:12 -0400 (EDT)

Here is the complete solution.

I called OR techsupport Sat morning and was advised to use the manual
refresh data downloads (as you did with TS4.0). I unchecked the "Trade
Record (1 Tick)" setting for NY/NA/AX in GS for stocks only (My template
collects everything except OTC stocks) and downloaded it successfully. I
then manually downloaded the three ??990416.omz files and imported them
manually into GS successfully. OR did not know what the problem was as
of yesterday morning.

To make it effortless, copy the following lines into a file called
ftpdaily.txt and run commands

    time /t
    ftp < ftpdaily.txt
    time /t

in a DOS prompt when your Internet connection is up, assuming you have
the C:\omegadat\... directory structures set up; tweak it as you wish.
Type an Enter in response to the password prompt when running it.

Or take it easy to wait for them to fix before downloading the stock
ticks.

This is UNIX style Shell scripting; we UNIX programmers have an
automation mentality - everything had better be done with one command,
if not one click.

Hope it eases your pains.

Alan

PS: For those TS 4.0 users who download data daily from the OR site, I
have a script that is not hard coded like the following. I may charge a
small consulting fee for the script along with prvissioning it. Example
of use: you type only the following in a DOS prompt

    C:\ ftpdaily 99 04 16

After 30 ~ 60 minutes (assuming 56K Internet connection) depending on OR
server traffic, all their data (daily, tick  |  fut, idx, mut, stk) are
on your hard drive.

------------------------- ftpdaily.txt-----------------------------

open ftp.omegaresearch.com
anonymous

binary
prompt

lcd c:\omegadat\tickstka
cd /pub/data_refresh/tradestation_4.0/tick_data/intraday_stocks
get ax990416.omz

lcd c:\omegadat\tickstkq
cd /pub/data_refresh/tradestation_4.0/tick_data/intraday_stocks
get na990416.omz

lcd c:\omegadat\tickstkn
cd /pub/data_refresh/tradestation_4.0/tick_data/intraday_stocks
get ny990416.omz

quit