Re: Position Size

Russ,

There is a relatively simple method that you could use, though I don't know if it is what you are
looking for.

You could set a starting equity to trade your system and buy more or fewer shares based on how
much capital you have left after a trade. For instance, lets say you set your starting capital at
$50,000. Well, obviously you could only buy $50,000 worth of stock or , lets say, 625 shares of an
$80 stock. Ok, when you exit the trade, if you made a $1,000 profit you now have $51,000 to trade
with (or $49,000 if you had a $1,000 loss). So, if we want to trade another stock, and the price
of that stock is $50 per share, we can buy 1020 shares.

The benefit of this method is that you are buying more shares if you are winning and fewer shares
if you are losing. Also, the simulation is more realistic--we are in reality limited to how many
shares we can trade based on our available capital.

I do have some EL code for this if you are interested. Let me know and I'll post it.

Brett