orders in Ela

I have the following code in a system

IF marketposition =-1 then Begin
    Exitshort("STrailstop") all contracts from Entry ("SE") at
Chandstop(Fac, ATRLen) stop;
    If marketposition=0 then Starget=999999;
End;

(Chandstop is a function to calculate a stop based on Chuck Lebeaus
Chandelier Exit)

The problem is that sometimes the system ignores the Chandstop level and
just exits immediately without coming close to the stop level.   I have a
print log to show me what Chandstop is and it is definitely calculating
correctly so I am stumped as to what the problem is.    Is there something
about the way TS executes stops that I am missing?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted as this is driving me
BANANAs!!!!!!

TIA

Philip