Re: Signal Ticks

Has anyone that is getting data through a satellite feed ever
experimented with using a larger dish than the one that is usually sent
with their system originally, that is, a 1 meter dish?  Would an
increase in DB gain help increase the tick data?  Since cable feeds are
sent from the local cable companies that use the largest size dishes,
would it be reasonable to say that one should see the largest tick data
from those feeds, or do they also have a bandwidth problem, since they
are assigned a side band?
I am considering gong to a larger dish to help improve signal during
rain fade, storms, etc.

tick counts for daily SP 500 (DSP9M), BMI satellite feed.

4/1/99  3501
4/5/99  3979
4/6/99  4092

For all sessions (SP9M)
4/1/99  5272
4/5/99  4563 (did not track all of globex, as system was down for a few
hours after day session for maintenance)

-Stuart