Printing 2000i system reports

>Does anyone have a clue how to get the data out of the 2000i system results
>reports?  In the old days, you could save as a file and open it in a text
>editor, but not this one.
>
>Please dont tell me I have to fax it to myself and do char rec on it.

I was so surprised to see you write this I had to go and look right away. I use the report file heavily in Version 4 to catalog results.

I was able to click on the diskette icon, and specify a name where I wanted to save the file. But I wasn't able to find anything to open it with. I went hunting for newly created files in Omega's directory tree, but nothing stood out.

Finally, I looked in the help file. This is build 512. Under the topic Printing the TradeStation System Report, I found a Note: "You cannot save the report to a file. The 'Save to File' toolbar button saves the report for use with Portfolio Maximizer, an add-on product available from Omega Research that enables you to combine multiple system results and evaluate them together".

Imagine that. Can't save a report to a file anymore. Hmph.

But you get to save a screen shot of your results. Great.

So I tried an old trick. Setup a generic text only printer, and have it print to the port "FILE:". Usually this allows you to save an ascii version, if one can be created. Well, results were mixed. I was able to see several headings, but none of the numbers.

By the way, the email address for wish list items is tswishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I've just sent a request.

Mike G.