TS2000i Pre-install program

I don't know why Melody has not informed the list of this, but....

The FAQ "1. I am receiving an ODBC error message." on the Omega support page
http://www.omegaresearch.com/support/faqsUp/
has been quietly changed and now provides a download of a program called
preinst.exe, which interactively renames MS beta files that cause the
TS2000i install to fail.  Probably disables the beta programs....

The previous instructions were inadequate, having you rename only one file
but more were involved.  I eventually uninstalled Office2000 but Word and
Excel files are fortunately backward compatible with Office97 (don't know
about others).

Also go to the Knowledgebase and search TS2000i for "setup", for more
instructions, and essential Data Manager settings.

Might save some of the weekend installers some grief....

Happy Easter all
Kevin Hewitt
Brisbane Australia