FW: CL_RE: Ted Tesser's book

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Massey [mailto:bnm03@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 1999 10:46 PM
To: List, Code
Subject: CL_RE: Ted Tesser's book

The Trader's Tax Survial Guide.

According to Tesser these are the benefits of cliaming tader status:

* No SE tax (beats a sub-s)
* Write off equipment
* Eligable for 60/40 rule

In order to claim trader status you should meet this criterea:
* Trade in stocks, options or futures on a realtively short term basis
* Preponderance of frequent trades short term in nature
* Must be involved in tracking daily market movements therefor relying more
on tech anal rather than fundamentals.

Overall, the length of trades and the nature of the type of trading are
usually the determining factors.

For this to be a true tax shelter you've got to show a paper loss.

b.

subscription information location
http://www.markbrown.com/list.htm