Re: Graphing program for Linux

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, John Hayden wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Linux based charting program? I am getting ready to
> buy a new computer and would like to get away from Microsoft and Omega. Any
> help, or ideas would be appreciated.

I tend to look for tools which can work together to accomplish a task.
There are many ways of approaching the charting problem. Tasks are data
gathering, processing/filtering, indicator generation/calculation, and
plotting. Data can come from many sources and is not limited to price
and volume data, although a pure TA approach may require that. I've
started Linux Traders on http://www.dejanews.com/~linuxtraders/ with the
intention of generating more interest in using the existing tools that
are out there for the Liux platform, many of which have had mainly
scientific use in the past.

Cheers,

Jim