RE: trader status question

I'm not a tax professional, but as a non-resident of the U.S. my experience has been that trading in securities and commodities is not taxable within the U.S. The one caveat to this is that if any of your surplus funds are invested in investment vehicles that pay dividends, such as the money market funds used by some stock brokers, that any dividends from those funds will be subject to a withholding tax of 15%.

So, make those profits...

Andrew Nopper