Re: trader status question

Carlos,

You have to look at the treaty agreement between the U.S. and Spain and see
what it says.  For example an American who travels to Israel and trades his
American account on the net has to pay American taxes to the U.S. and because
he is living in Israel, even as a tourist, must subtract the American taxes
from the applicable Israeli taxes (which are higher) and pay the difference
to Israel.  However, an Israeli coming to the U.S. does not  pay any tax to
Israel on income derived in the U.S. (because they hope you will bring some
of it back to Israel, which is normally the case)  I would check with the
Spanish and the American Consulates in Madrid. AMA