Scaling Out of Positions

I can't seem to persuade EasyLanguage to let me scale out of positions.

I know there have been some other, similar posts on the O-List recently but
I'm not making the mistake of trying to partially-exit a given signal so I
don't think the advice previously given applies. Here's a quick idea of what
I'm trying to do.

My system will make up to, say, 10 buys each of 1-lot when certain
conditions are fulfilled on consecutive days. All buys derive from one entry
signal (i.e. I haven't coded a Buy("Buy#1") and a Buy("Buy#2") etc in the
system). If subsequently some of the conditions are no longer fulfilled, the
system is supposed to gradually exit any open positions - until it is flat
again, up to 10 days later.

What actually happens is that as soon as the system encounters either an
"ExitLong" or a "Sell" instruction, it exits all open long positions. I
don't want to hard-code a partial-exit of each position (e.g. buy having it
buy 10 lots each time then sell 1 lot on a partial exit) since this could
get complicated to figure out what open positions are left.

Do I need to code 10 separate but very similar Entry and Exit signals, along
the lines of a nested "if open_position=1 then Buy("Buy#2") at market" etc
or is there an easier way? I tried entering formulaic (string-based) names
in the name of the signal but ELA doesn't like that!

Thanks

Rus Newton