Re: omega list?

This is SO TRUE....  Amen, Tony!!

Even though I've had a "little dis-agreement" with Tony recently....
I'm at least MAN enough and SMART enough to admit that I believe he
knows what he's talking about!!   And, he is definitely correct in
what he states below...

I mean REALLY.... a doctor will spend 10+ years training himself, to
earn $100,000 his 1st year out, and that's if he's lucky and/or good!!
A good attorney will spend 4-6 years, and if he's damn lucky make 50K
his 1st year out!!  Even a sharp accountant will spend 4-6 years in
training for his profession, and if he's extremely lucky, get picked
up by one of the Big-4 or is it still 5, and will only earn about
35-40K in the 1st few years!!   SO, WHAT IN GODS EARTH ARE YOU
THINKING ABOUT... WHEN YOU THINK YOU CAN READ A FEW BOOKS, GO TO A
SEMINAR OR TWO, PURCHASE SOME SOFTWARE, AND THEN MAKE $50,000+ IN YOUR
VERY 1ST MONTH OF TRADING!!!!         WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING??

GET REAL!!  WAKE UP!!   HELLOOOOO..... REALITY CHECK!!
SMELL THE COFFEE, YET??

Personally, I've INVESTED over 3 years now... FULL TIME!!  to my
"life" as a trader!!  Sacrificing, WAY TO MUCH family time!!  I've
surrounded myself with people that "see it" like I do!!   And if I
can, I only try to associate/deal with people at the same caliber or
better than myself as far as this industry is concerned!!     I've
read more "BS" trading books, Learned about more systems & Indicators,
Went to way to many "seminars/classes/workshops", Read so darn much
e-mail, Went to god-knows-how-many web-sites, and ALL the other
stuff..... and I still haven't earned as much in ALL this time as I
gave up as my last year of a salaried "JOB"... 7 years ago!!

I will say however, I'm JUST starting to head in the right direction!!
I finally believe that it's starting to "CLICK!!"   And, I want to
tell ya.... It ain't the complicated stuff that's paying off..... it's
the simple things... the back to basics.... the things that you learn
early on that are the REAL "DEAL!!"   At least it is for me!!

Couple words of advice..... buy low, sell high!!  And, don't quite
your day job!!

BOTTOM LINE is.....
You want to be a "Trader?".... HANG with, TALK with & LEARN from.....
TRADERS, ONLY!!
..... If you want to a "STUDENT?" for the rest of your life.... HANG
with, TALK with & LEARN from..... STUDENT's!!

It's really THAT SIMPLE!!

I don't know who originally said this, but if no-one knows, I'll claim
it for myself.... "YOU ARE  WHAT YOU HANG AROUND WITH!!"

eg....
... Wanta be a Baseball player.... DON'T hang with the idiots in the
stands!!   Shag balls for awhile... hang with players!!

... Wanta be a Real Estate Developer.... DON'T hang with the laborers
at the local bar!!   Take some builders out to lunch!!

... Wanta be a Race Car Driver.... DON'T hang with the boys at the
local gas station!!   Offer up some free labor at the race tracks!!

... Wanta be a Terrorist.... DON'T hang with anybody that's never
killed anyone before!!   Go blow some shit up!!  Better yet.... join
the post-office, then go POSTAL!!    (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Last but not least... Wanta be a TRADER.... DON'T hang with all the
loosers that simply want to complain about stuff all the time,
particularly in the "misc.invest.??? newsgroups!!   Join a group of
traders.... better yet, START a group of traders!!   But for god
sakes... DON'T Fill it with nothing but beginners, OK!!!

Be a SHARER!!    Share ideas... Share information... Share your
secrets... Because what comes around, goes around!!

Basically this list. the Omega List, as well as others like it, is an
excellent "forum" for growth!!  However, IMHO, I believe it could be
SO MUCH BETTER, simply if people didn't try to "beat each other up",
and that's all i'm going to say on that topic!!  But, I hold out hope
that particularly this list will come around, and "BE ALL IT CAN BE!!"

I'm sorry, I'm beginning to ramble....

Sum it all up.... READ, STUDY, PRACTICE, and STAY FOCUSED!!
And for what it's worth.... don't get distracted by the "complicated"
and/or "sophisticated" stuff..... KISS!! (Keep It Simple Stupid!!)

Simply my 3 cents worth....

JMB
TraderGuy@xxxxxxx