The ASCII option

I've been asking for a "save as ASCII" option in the editor for a
looonnnggg time now. No luck. If there was one, it would be much easier to
send email code with out having to go through the ela's, which can
overwrite existing code. With ASCII, one could save the email code and
look at it without having to load it in TS.

I use ASCII to keep a searchable data base of code. Can find anything in
seconds, and paste quite easily. MUCH easier than using the editor (no
search function at all, and can't see the code on disk).

Anyone else like to have this?

Larry