Re: ShowMe question

Lynn,

>From what I read, I take it that you wish your 2nd showme
displayed the same way that your first one did.

If this is true, you probably have a problem where Update every
tick is checked and at some point during the bar the value of
your Showme is Zero.

You may want to add a print statement to your showme and watch it
in the print log updating in real time. If it spits out zeros,
you may have to adjust your code so that it doesn't plot if the
value is zero.

 A way to do this might be as follows:
if value1>0  then  plot1(value1,"DownDot") else
plot1(High + Value2,"Downdot");

Where Value2 is some number above the high where you want your
showme plotted if the true value (Value1) is defaulting to zero.

It's hard to tell from your description below what is really
going on so you may need to do a follow up to be more specific.

Patrick White

>I have 2 ShowMe's with the same instructions for plotting but
they display the
>signals in different ways.  They are both histograms from the
high of the bar
>plus a certain number of points so that they do not hide the
price bar.  On
>one the showme displays itself from above the high and goes up.
This is what
>I want.  The other starts way down low and goes up through the
price bar and
>above the high causing the price bar to be hidden.
>
>How do I plot this so it does not hide the price bar?  If I
change from a
>histogram to a point, there is no problem, the showme is above
the price bar
>.... but not with a histogram.  What do I do to get the
histogram in the