Re: Update TS2000i Bill Cruz

Hi Eddie,

Sounds like you did a bit better than I.

I think the RadarScreen2000i is probably a big resource
hog and might be whats really slowing TS2k down.
Are you running RadarScreen2000i or just TS2k?

Also, I opened my OptionStation Today briefly. It looks
to be a hog as well.TS2K never really caught up after
this.

Do you happen to have a tick count for June Day S&P
and/or for INDU.

I would just like to hear a few other tick counts from
other people to see how good\bad TS2k's GS is behaving
on different machines.

Thanks,

Alan C

--- Edandrea <edandrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan,
> I have found the resource meter that comes included
> with windows to be
> very helpful in determining when I have "peaked" my
> computer with
> symbols, charts, indicators, etc. (find it in
> accessories/system tools).
>
> Like you, my 2000i ran perfectly today with 2
> workspaces open (each with
> 10-12 quotes, a few charts, and a few indicators.).
> At worst today I was
> down to about 56% resources free. I also run an
order
> entry program
> online that consumes some cpu. Interestingly, I
> manually added the
> Autobytel IPO on the fly this afternoon when it
> opened, and because of
> the high activity in the stock (I assume) it knocked
> my resources from
> 58% to 56% free. Wow, that seemed a bit high for the
> addition of one
> stock. Anyway, here is the big problem: When I
closed
> everything down I
> got two illegal operations with the qrquote program
> (or whatever it is).
> I think it is the subroutine that actually runs the
> quote window because
> I had two of them and each one illegal opt'ed. I
> think because of this
> the workspace becomes corrupted and future openings
> may/may not work.
> I have TS 4 also and I've used it for quite a while,
> and I can
> unbiasedly tell everyone that the interface for
2000i
> is much improved
> and offers greater versatility (especially the web).
> Regardless of what
> you read in this forum - this is a fact. It is
> undoubtedly more
> versatile and impressive, enjoyable to use, and the
> data is easier (and
> quicker) to get to and manipulate. The "tab" and
> "spreadsheet" format
> (like Excel) is basically responsible for this.
These
> are great things;
> but throw into the evaluation  illegal operations,
> re-boots, depleted
> computer resources, long data download & server
> initialization times, no
> DDE functionality (man, this one kills me personally
> and makes me wonder
> why they don't want me getting into Excel outside of
> a 2000i workspace -
> and for the gentleman that was asking about Excel
and
> 2000i - you are
> basically going to have to be a VB(A) COM programmer
> to "talk" to the
> server - there is no LIVEQUOTE command any longer
> that you can simply
> enter into an Excel cell to get data in - BTW, this
> instantly shot down
> some of the things I was working on), also -
> discontinued quote monitor
> headings that were in TS 4. Obviously, there are a
> lot of other great
> and horrible things about 2000i that I have
> neglected. I sure hope we
> get an update to this first commercial release real
> soon though.
> Best Regards,
> Eddie
>
> Alan Courchene wrote:
>
> > Well, I cut my symbols down from 45,000+ to 18,629
> last
> > night and TS2k ran all day(very SLooooWly).If I
did
> > anything like add a chart etc.. the charting would
> lag
> > the data feed by 5 minutes. I only had- I think 3
> > illegal ops all day mostly to do with
> RadarScreen.But
> > it ran the day without a crash that required a
> re-boot.
> > Just had to close RadarScreen down.
> >
> > I checked the different tick counts on the June
S&P