TS2000i and GlobalServer

Prosuite 2000i EOD is my first Omega product, so I really
have no point of reference. I also have a 200MMX
with 64Mb and a UW SCSI hard drive. I had a lot
of problems with the Global Server 480 and received
my update recently.

I had no problems importing all of the data from the Historybank CD.
I then asked GlobalServer  to download today's data and it did that
as well as everything till the end of February. It took it around 10 hours
if not more, mostly to crunch the data. It did not take much time using
my ISDN connection.

The funny thing happened when I tried to download everything since
the beginning of March. I asked for daily trade record, volatility, etc.
on all the symbols since I'm only interested in EOD data. The download
ran for almost two days in a row before I decided to investigate
and discovered that it was downloading ticks, minute, hour and whatever
other types of data there is. I then edited the history to save and removed
anything but daily data. After that the download proceeded smoothly
and ended a few hours later. It still baffles me why it decided to include
intraday stuff when I only asked for daily data.

I currently considering putting together a 2 CPU PII 450 with 256Mb of
memory.

Please don't laugh :-).

    Joel