Re: one Screen two computers

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: one Screen two computers
  • From: Alex Banks <afbanks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:37:30 -0500 (EST)

Lamont,

I have been using two KVM switches for several years.  Cybex
"SwitchView"  ~$220.00 each.  Works very well, each switch supports four
boxes.  I have Novell servers, NT servers, NT workstations and Win95
boxes attached.  This allows me to place all boxes, (save one for the CD
player!) in a closet and close the door.

I have had no problem, except one!  Be careful about cableing.  The
switches require a gender change and most cables will not work.  Cybex
does have cables, but they are not cheap, (~$35-40 each set), so the
entire setup costs ~ $380.00.  However, I use them constantly switching
between machines with several clicks on the keyboard.  Yes, you do not
have to touch the switches to change between machines!
Just [Ctrl][Ctrl] [a, b, c or d for the machine][Enter]  and there it
is.

Good Luck,
Alex