Re: DDE LINK and Excell - fuzzies

I developed a DLL that is a fuzzy logic engine.  It works off a truth
table of two independent variables.  I really haven't perfected it
into a trading system, but rather as a FL test bed.  My original
version was all in EasyLanguage code linked together via Global DLL.
It ran quite slow and the true DLL version was a major improvement.
I'm a bit reluctant to publish the code, but maybe in the future I
will share it with this group.  FYI, Earle Cox book on Fuzzy Logic
Systems Engineering has all the info one needs to build a FL
controller or trading system.

While I'm at it let me add that Fuzzy Logic is not the Holy Grail.
It is a tool for combining a lot of disparate factors to arrive at an
answer.  In other words you can intelligently add up a variety of
conflicting signals to yield a composite signal.  In my case I was
looking at the rate of change of price peaks and the rate of change
of price valleys to generate a composite trading signal.  I believe
it yielded good entry points (but exits stunk).

I got off on a tangent to optimize the truth table (25 variables).
Talk about over optimizing!  Beautiful results until tested out of
sample.

Oh well, back to the books.  I have a NASD Series 66 exam to study
for.

Marlowe