Re: Run TS4 & TS2000 in parallel?

Here's a question about TS 2000i. I'm just thinking (wishing) out loud
here but maybe the glass is half full rather than half empty on the
whole server deal.

It has always struck me as very inefficient to split the data feed
serial output to several computers. It would be way better to have one
computer receive the data and distribute it through ethernet to the
others.

>From what I hear, TS 2000i uses the server from the data vendor and
connects to that with its own database program. So the big question...
can you run the BMI or DTN program on one computer and access that data
stream via ethernet from one or more separate computers running TS
2000i?

Maybe it wouldn't be easy to automatically set it up but it seems like
you could edit some .ini files to tell TS that the BMI or DTN software
was on a virtual drive on the server computer.

--
   Dennis