Re: CL_Swing high swing low ?

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CL_Swing high swing low ?
  • From: "Doug Warren" <DOUGWARRENkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:45:22 -0500 (EST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil <rhodes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: code-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <code-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 6:27 PM
Subject: CL_Swing high swing low ?

>  1.  I have read that the TradeStation swing high swing low formular is
>not right?  Is that true?  I have TradeStation 4 build 21.  If it is not
>right where can I get the right formular?

I don't believe that it gives satisfactory results. You can create a show me
to plot the swing points to see for yourself.  Both the swingHigh and
swingLow functions have similar problems, as do the SwingLowBar and
SwingHighBar.  Below are possible solutions for the swing low.

Change the following lines of code in the swing low:

If Price1> Price[X] then                    to                 If Price1 >=
Price[X] then

If Price1 >= Price[X] then                to                 If Price1 >
Price[X]

If I remember correctly (I haven't worked with this for a while), this
allows a swing low if the lows before the swing are >= the swing low and the
lows after the swing are > the swing low.  If you want the lows both before
and after the swing to all be > the swing low try changing both above lines
to read >.  (The lows before and after the swing low that I am referring to
are the lows in the strength of the swing.)  It all depends on how you want
to define your swing point.

Maybe someone else has a better explanation or solution.  Or you can just
upgrade to TS2000 as I am sure this will be corrected in the new
version(HaHaHa).  They just didn't have time to include it in the first 21
builds of TS4.

Doug Warren