Re: a map to the holy grail

>then what he is looking at is mathematically flawed from the beginning,
else
>it would hold up over the long haul.  the problem is one of feelings and
>those feelings get in the way when looking for the truth.
>
>mb

Okay, so help educate me.  In the case of James P. O'Shaughnessy's work,
all we really know is that he had a couple of bad years at the same time the
market had some good years.  We don't know if it will fail over the long
haul. The work may be flawed, but it looked pretty solid to me.  He used
cleaner data for a longer period of time than most of the folks use on this
list use in their testing.  Assuming that James is using his own work, at
what
point does he walk away?  If you were looking at his work, what tests would
you do to see if it was flawed?

----

> Something that works for a decade is nothing to sneeze at.  Robyn

In the case of the ten good years, what happens in year 11, 12, and
13?  When would you walk away?

== Rob ==